Monday, May 4, 2009

Overdue Vacation Post

I have been back from vacation for about 2 weeks now. I have to say, I am very happy with the weather since I have been back. It has been relatively warm....warm enough to wear sandals everyday...but then again I am stubborn :) Back to my vacation! I went to the Dominican Republic....Punta Cana to be specific. I stayed at the Grand Palladium Resort & Spa. Very nice resort...no complaints. My room was a stones throw from a very nice pool with swim up bar, a few feet from the amazing beach, and not far in any direction to food. There was more than enough staff around to get you whatever it was you needed. They were even on the beach asking if you needed a drink!! I was able to access my email with my iPod touch in the main lobby which like everything else was not far from my room. For the most part of my trip I layed on a lounge chair by the pool or on the beach and got up only for a dip in the water and to eat. I only played one game of doubles beach volleyball, which we won. It was by far the most relaxing vacation I can remember. I went on one excursion with Flo and her sister Brenda. We went sea kayaking out to a shipwreck, then had a massage, then went snorkelling with stingrays and nurse sharks, and then snorkelled around the reef with all kinds of pretty fishies. I had my picture taken holding a huge stingray...will post it once I get it scanned. The only other printed picture that I have from the trip is the one below that was taken on the resort. Since I bought the print, they copied the file to my USB drive....didn't think I'd really need it, but glad I took it with. You can see all of my pictures on my SmugMug site here: http://andreadaniels.smugmug.com/gallery/7951270_7Ygvq#516168741_YNP7o

No comments: