Thursday, July 23, 2009

The Shorts


So this is what is going to protect my butt and other areas from the small hard platform they call a seat. I put them on again and walked around a bit....it feels like I'm wearing a diaper under spandex....not a good feeling. I have been assured that this is the way they are supposed to feel, but I still think maybe there is more padding there than I need. I decided that the real test is to get on the bike and do a lap around the neighbourhood....I mean...that is what they're for right...riding on a bike not going out for a stroll. So I got on the bike and went for a spin...not bad...they seem to be more comfy on the bike than off...so that's a good thing I guess. The only thing I might want to check on is another type you can get that go under shorts, or pants, whatever you like to wear. It's basically the same thing except a little thinner spandex and maybe a little thinner padding. I might have a look at those tomorrow....who knew a bike ride was going to bring up so many concerns.....what to eat, how much to eat, how much water to have, what to wear, what to put in my pack....I'm definitely learning a lot.....now, what happens if it rains??

No comments: