"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you did not do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." -- Mark Twain
Friday, November 20, 2009
Jaden's First Goal!
Jaden scored his first goal in hockey tonight. What a beauty....he was playing his position...left forward...right in front of the left side of the net...the goalie was on the right...the puck came right to him and BAM....nothin' but net!!! I was pretty excited and of course so was he. When he came out of the locker room he tried to stifle the big grin on his face...but he was soooo excited...I could see it. Now I'm not the crazy parent who thinks is kid is the next Wayne Gretzky, or in our case, Sidney Crosby....I was just so proud to see my son out there on the ice playing hard and having a good time. He said to me tonight, "Mom, do assists count in this league? An assist is more important than a goal because if there wasn't an assist there wouldn't be a goal." What a smart kid :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Way to go Jaden. I wish I had been there to see it. You must be so proud.
Where is the video! C'mom Hockey Mom, you want those old tapes for when the tv crews come knocking on your door!
I know...I'm a bad hockey Mom....I'll get goal number 2 on video ;)
Awesome Jaden! Maybe you will play hockey in the Olympics the same year Sabrina is skiing in the Olympics :) No delusions here!
Way to go kiddo!
Post a Comment