"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you did not do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." -- Mark Twain
Thursday, October 1, 2009
The Joys of Parenting
The other day I went to pick up the kiddies after work and they had a rather interesting tale to tell. So and so kissed so and so today and...they could hardly wait to tell me. Okay.."so who kissed who?" A girl in grade 1 (who shall remain nameless) kissed a boy in grade 1. It wasn't so much that she kissed but how she did it. She pushed him to the ground and then hovered over top of him, kind of like in a push-up stance and kissed him. Hmmm....interesting I thought. Then Jaden says, "That's called humping!" I know I probably shouldn't have laughed, but it came out before I could stop it. "No it's not", I tell him. "Well than it's called sex." Laughing even harder now I say, "No it's not." Then he throws his arms in the air..."well I don't know what it's called then!" Thanks heavens he left it at that....I'm not ready for that conversation yet.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment